[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
amy_petersen
Community Novice

Agreed!  Please make that change sooner rather than later!

NicLSim
Community Explorer

Yes, PLEASE!!! I thought I'd be able to do this with Flipgrid, but nope- now I'm hoping that I can grade student submissions within flipgrid using the rubric there and that the grades will integrate. SO FRUSTRATING. It's these little things that make these integrations not effective.

frances_tee
Community Member

I would like to +1 this feature request. Its very counter-intuitive to set a rubric, then change assignment type and not be able to see the rubric at all. 

Rachel_S
Community Participant

Allow us to reorganize items in a rubric--perhaps drag and drop.

When I create a rubric, I create items as they come to my mind. I would like to reorganize them when I'm finished. That is not an option, so I have to create a new rubric and cut and paste. It is cumbersome.

Swil0487
Community Novice

Yes this feature would save so much time and I'm surprised its not already available.

whiten1
Community Explorer

It's been five years since the initial post. Is this even being seriously considered? if not, it should be.

ttscott
Community Explorer

it is cumbersome to edit the the rubric and not be able to move the fields around.  Instead new criteria are added to the bottom of the Rubric.  This makes editing the rubric really complicated. 

twassmer
Community Participant

Is this still not possible????

ireym
Community Member

I agree - this is terrible that you have to know exactly the order to put it in. I'm using flipgrid and was hoping to use the rubrics. Apparently one of the assignments I accidentally did the correct order, but not the others. I already have students submitting assignments so I do not want to delete the assignments and do this with the rubric first. I hope Canvas decides to fix this.

MBRN
Community Member

Once a rubric has been applied to an assignment, there is no way to edit or duplicate it if the rubric created at the administrative level.  This causes unnecessary work because even minor revisions requires creating an entirely new rubric.