[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @am_jagusztyn ...

While we wait, you can check out Sorting Rubrics Made Easy by  @James .

stanley
Community Novice

I would love to see this added. Very useful and a big time saver. Thank you!

vince_walker
Community Member

Please add this feature. I have retyped entire rubrics many times now, however, it could be much easier if it were possible to reorder and add new rows anywhere. 

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach
vince_walker
Community Member

WOW!! this worked a treat! Thank you so very much. You are an amazing human being. Thank you.

am_jagusztyn
Community Novice

Thank you for this. It is indeed what Canvas should be offering for their rubrics. I am of the opinion that it should not be an add on, but a feature of Canvas. 

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

No need to thank me, Vince.   @James ‌ is the one who developed this and did all the work to make this "Canvancement" happen.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Be sure to add your vote at the top of this Feature Idea. Since it's on the "Product Radar" stage, Instructure is aware of the need, but they might not be able to develop something in the near future.

mclawhc1
Community Novice

Please get this into working since when I upload a google cloud document I don't remember to add a rubric first and then when I remember I can't once I add the google cloud document. So frustrating

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar‌ idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.