[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
mpoole
Community Explorer

This one would go a long way toward making life easier for those of us whose jobs include convincing reluctant faculty to use Canvas!  It is hard to argue that there are other rubric tools that are easier to use and don't make you start over if you need to make a change!

cwruck
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Great idea, and one we'd love to do. It's already been designed, so we get to skip the researching and design phase! Yay! We're currently scoping the work to accomplish changes to rubrics and will have a better idea where/if/when we can get it onto our roadmap some time in June.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yay! That's great news! Thanks for the update!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Whoa!  This is great news!!!  Thanks for the update, Deactivated user​!

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Thanks, Christi!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

​Awesome. Teachers are excited about this one!

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Awesome Possum!

Glad to hear this one is on the road-map!

carrie_anderson
Community Novice

Yes, it would be amazing.  I like these features where you can move things around and insert or delete with ease, not delete, insert and recreate.  The only exception is when a webpage gets so overloaded with JavaScript that it turns into a reloading nightmare. As long as the JavaScript is kept to a minimum, while being cross-browser compatible and not loaded with trackers or bog-downs (a very technical term), then I am all for it.

vrs07nl
Community Contributor

what about being able to create a NON-numeric rubric.. we do not use numbers or letters

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

vrs07nl​, you can check out my other Feature Idea submission here: .