[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
dwayne_towell1
Community Explorer

I agree. FIVE YEARS!?!!?!?! How long does it take? This is needed functionality.

dbutter7
Community Participant

When are Teachers and Admins. going to be able to click and drag Criterion or Outcomes within Rubrics to quickly create a different sequence or order? Some of our Rubrics have dozens of Criterion that need to be re-ordered.

ebwstitt
Community Member

As schools move towards equity grading and standards-based grading, having a rubric option for every assignment would be great!!

CZaccagnino
Community Member

Please create this feature!!! This is necessary for us to be able to use Canvas at our standards-based grading school.

SpencerDunford
Community Member

I want to use a premade Canvas rubric with Google LTI submission so I can use the plagiarism checker. However, I was told that Canvas does not have that functionality. It would be very helpful for teachers who are not using a purchased plagiarism checker. 

aknueven
Community Explorer

For various LTI integrations, these then are External Tool Submission Types. Having the ability to add a rubric to these types of assignments would support so many classrooms.

Thank you, 

Andy

dopitz
Community Explorer

It is a really great feature to have the Google Cloud Assignment as an option--making it easy for students to create and submit an assignment.  Thanks for adding this.  However, it is also extremely frustrating that we as teachers do not have the ability to add a rubric after the assignment has been created with an external tool.  Please find a way to make this possible; otherwise, it almost makes the LTI tools rather ineffective and unusable for us as teachers.  

mccmau
Community Novice

I have some assignments that I use the external tool but it will not allow me to attach a rubric.  This would be a great feature to be able to do.

mccmau
Community Novice

I would like to add a rubric to assignments using external tool.

postmah
Community Member

I would really like the ability to reorder items in my rubric.

I create my rubrics, and as I teach them I realize things that I left off.  When I add new items, they are always at the bottom, when it would be more appropriate to move them into the middle by similar items.