Editing personal email in User Settings

The way the Settings area is now for deleting emails, you can't view the end of the email address.
jsmith2@...
jsmith2@...

Jsmith2@...

This is all you see instead of

jsmith2@hotmail.com
jsmith2@gmail.com

jsmith2@email.com

The field can't be expanded to choose and delete additional email addresses. The only thing you can do is to try to copy and paste this field into a Word document to see which is which and delete the correct emails.

Please expand this field so that we can see which emails we are working with.

8 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! In case it helps as a workaround, those email addresses can be seen in fully at Account > Notifications, in the same order they are listed in Account > Settings. 

lbarratt1
Community Participant

Thanks Rob.
Sad that we have to find workarounds but, thanks!

benny2006
Community Member

Unable to delete primary email address that is incorrect. 😞

RobDitto
Community Champion

@benny2006 , you can add a correct email address in your Account > Settings:

Once it's entered and you've confirmed it, it will be possible to "star" it to make your default email in Canvas.

jackson_misty
Community Explorer

@RobDitto , your answer to @benny2006 is great if the incorrect email doesn't need to be used by someone else.  However, if that incorrect email really belongs to another user there doesn't seem to be an easy way to simply click Delete next to an email you want to remove from an account.  This seems like such an easy thing...am I missing something?  Is there some place I can go to delete an incorrect email from an account?

RobDitto
Community Champion

@jackson_misty, sorry to answer your question with another question, but are you asking about deleting your own email, previously entered in your Canvas settings, which you no longer want to use?  That can be done using the trashcan icon, #3 on this guide:

Or if you're asking as an administrator needing this to be done on behalf of another user, the same step can be performed by a "root" Canvas admin at your institution able to act as another user.

jackson_misty
Community Explorer

@RobDitto - I was actually asking as a Canvas admin trying to remove an incorrect email for another user.  It wasn't giving me the ability to remove it, but I think I found the real cause of the issue and it was within our SIS system.

Thanks for the reply though!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.