Editing screen capture lectures

0 Likes
(5)

I have just spent an hour working on a video for my students with visual processing disorders.  I forgot something at the end of the video and after I published it I realized that I left something out.  I could not unpublish the video.  I couldn't edit the video.  I had to redo the entire thing from the beginning.  Another hour worth of work.  You really need to add a feature that allows teachers to go back and fix errors or mistakes in their videos.  A simple unpublish feature that would allow us to go back in and edit.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

OMG -- yes, please -- this would be incredibly helpful.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

With the Studio Release Notes (2022-09-26), very basic editing tools were added to the user experience. While this does not complete the request, it should be helpful to the media creation process. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.