Eliminate the Check and "Garbage Can" when using a Stylus/Pen in SpeedGrader

0 Likes
(1)

In SpeedGrader the Checkbox and Trash can is associate initially with each pen stroke. So when you write a number that is multiple pen strokes and hit that box on the second stroke it actives the keep or discard message box. When writing on an assignment I do not need to approve my marks. This also means to erase a single error means saving frequently or redo everything.

4 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

s_barton
Community Member

I agree.  It makes using a stylus in SpeedGrader very difficult and there are similar comments saying this in the "Stylus Use with SpeedGrader" thread. 

A solution would be to have an option to enable/disable the Checkbox/Trash can in settings?  Alternatively an erase button in the toolbar could be used to discard errors in place of the checkbox/trashcan, similar to what is used in freehand/drawing packages.

ElisaBarneySmit
Community Explorer

I have a Surface Pro. Technically you can annotate with a stylus, but in reality it shows Canvas has miserable technology. Our university just switched from BlackBoard to Canvas. It took BlackBoard too long to give stylus support, but they finally had it. Now I'm back to practically inoperable pen input. Grading 2 page reports is taking me FOREVER and my writing looks like a kindergardner's. Pen input is not a new computer technology. You know that teachers and professors will be doing grading of essays. Why do you have a pen icon if you didn't expect it? Making a transition from one platform to another is difficult enough. Now this just another insult. I am not impressed and am incredibly frustrated. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.