[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time

Instructors often want, or are asked, to share news and information of importance to all our classes.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  Please add this capability ASAP.
153 Comments
Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

When will Canvas bring this feature back? Being able to message all of my classes at one time was a huge plus that Canvas gave, and then Canvas took it away 😞  

MusicMarm
Community Member

This would make life so much easier! Thank you!

ccollins2
Community Member

Why not implement this? It would save an immense amount of time!

lwolfe3
Community Member

I would absolutely love it if I could type one email to ALL of my students in ALL classes at one time instead of having to send to all students in each class.  Maybe a drop down menu for multiple classes to email all students?  It would be a huge time saver!!!!  Please!!!

lhill6
Community Member

I agree that the ability to send email to several courses and/or sections within courses at once would be very helpful.

mshorrell
Community Novice

Please!!! I am the head director of a large orchestra program and we have 6 orchestra classes plus 2 sections of guitar- whenever we have announcements for the whole program, it's such a pain to send email. I know people have been asking for this feature for a long time, seems like a no-brainer! Thanks 🙂

cefitch
Community Member

It would be helpful for mass emailing of students, if I can add students from different Canvas courses to 1 email. Currently, I'm copying an email and submitting it four times for each course.  For example, when I send an email to absent students on a given day, rather than sending 4 emails, I'd like to send 1 email and add all the students who were absent on that day no matter what Canvas course they are in.

Thanks for your consideration.

trafoos
Community Member

Instructors can use the Canvas Conversation Inbox tool to send messages to the entire class, or just to create message threads between the instructor and one or more students.. When an instructor creates and sends an Canvas Inbox message, an email notification is sent to default email specified in the recipient’s notification settings. The recipient can see the entire message content and reply

CristiC
Community Member

I want to email all my students in all of my courses. I wish there was an easy way to do it instead of posting the same message 17 times.

frazies
Community Member

Please allow us to click on multiple classes when emailing. This will allow us to write 1 message to all our students.