[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time

Instructors often want, or are asked, to share news and information of importance to all our classes.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  Please add this capability ASAP.
153 Comments
Quicta_Walters
Community Member

I would be helpful if I could message multiple students across several courses on one email. Sometimes I have a blanket message I want to send to students across different courses and it would save me some time from having to choose the course individually and then sending the message.

william_klinger
Community Member

This is such an obvious feature need.  As others have pointed out, we change our office hours, want to announce an event, etc.  I also have to believe this is an easy programming change.  Why does this need to stay an open issue for so many years?  Please just do it.

DanielSinger
Community Novice

Some of us would love to be able to send a single message-blast to all my classes in one-fell-swoop, since at times we need to all of our students in all of our classes the same thing.  Is that configurable as an additional feature on Canvas? It would be a labor-saving shortcut. 

gcollins1
Community Participant

Yes please!

MikeBrinkman
Community Participant

Rated 5*s, commenting to give it a bump to the top! 😉

bh31
Community Member

This would be a time-saving feature. Please add it in!

rusichmusic
Community Novice

Please add this feature.  

Thanks.

mclarkemiller
Community Member

in 2016 this originally was a request to have the ability to email multiple classes - I am adding to the original request of 4 years ago to allow this feature as a blind copy email to all students 

wli40
Community Participant

It will be very helpful for instructors to be able to send emails to multiple courses at once in Canvas. Thanks.

toboyekg
Community Novice

I often have general announcements that need to go out to all of my classes.  It might be a job opening, etc.  To post it, I have to do each class individually.  It would be nice to be able to click on multiple classes who would get the message all at one time.  I send quite a few emails like this and I have to do it 3-4 separate times.  Thanks!