[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time

Instructors often want, or are asked, to share news and information of importance to all our classes.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  Please add this capability ASAP.
153 Comments
EricYoung
Community Novice

This would definitely still be very helpful.

MikeBrinkman
Community Participant

Several of our instructors are asking for this feature.

carolann
Community Explorer

Seeking the ability to communicate the same message to multiple courses in one email.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  

Angela26
Community Member

Hello there. Inbox only allows me to email one class at a time. Sometimes, I need to email all classes the same message. I would like for Canvas to allow me to email multiple classes at one time. 

AtSea
Community Participant

Upvote for this feature!  I need to send a promotional tool to a select group of Courses and would like to choose more than one. 

KymBender
Community Participant

Several of our instructors are asking for this feature and are having to use outside software.

don612
Community Novice

I'm not sure why this feature is taking so long.  It would seem to be pretty easy to add.

LisaRobideau
Community Novice

Please look at incorporating this feature where we can send an inbox message to multiple courses.  This would make communications much smoother for us as instructors and administrators.

LIESELOTT
Community Novice

Please, please, please. This looks to have been requested for 6+ years. It's not just about workload. I often want to share opportunities for all my students in a timely way- like free food right now at Building X. It builds community for them to have access to this information. Please support!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New