[Inbox] Email (message) multiple classes at one time

Instructors often want, or are asked, to share news and information of importance to all our classes.  Currently, that means copying and pasting that information into anywhere from 2-5 different classes.  Given that there is a drop down box for choosing a class to message currently, adding the ability to select multiple classes seems like it would be an easy "fix".  Please add this capability ASAP.
153 Comments
kona
Community Champion

To close the loop, here's the link to a similar feature idea that was recently archived -

emalates
Community Novice

Thanks, I had seen that one.  Now, how do I vote?  🙂   I plan to notify my colleagues and hope others will as well.

kona
Community Champion

The original FI idea has already closed to voting because it didn't get enough votes. For this idea, it's in the "new submission" stage. If it's cleared to the next stage (this is done by Canvas Community Managers) then it will open for voting next month - Wednesday, March 2nd - and be open for three months! Here's more information on the how the process works -How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Hope this helps!

Kona

holdenw
Community Novice

This would be a wonderful feature.  I often need to email all of my classes at once and the old copy-paste is the only way to do it.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello  @emalates ​,

Thank you for submitting this feature idea.  It will indeed open for vote on Wednesday, March 2nd.

emalates
Community Novice

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. March 2, 2016 - Wed. June 1, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

emalates
Community Novice

Hi Dr. Holden,

I just emailed all my colleagues, sending the link to the page  and requested that they vote.  I encourage you to do the same!  🙂

Thanks...hopefully they will finally address this!

Liz

emalates
Community Novice

OK,  @crafte ​,  @canvas_admin ​, ssimpso4​, lrogerse868225lrogers,  @slansfor ​.... please encourage your colleagues to vote for this, as well.  We need to get this taken care of!

Thanks,

Liz

holdenw
Community Novice

I've asked my colleagues to vote.  Unfortunately, we are a small institution and I am the only one teaching more than one class, so I don't think my colleagues care much.