Embed a Discussion Board in a Page

0 Likes
(12)

I would love to be able to embed a discussion board in a Page so students can respond to a lesson on the page, without leaving. Sort of like the Studio video comment ability (though I would hope for a fully functioning discussion board, and not that ridiculous Studio video thing). It would also be a great way for students to ask questions on a topic presented in a Page. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Denham
Community Participant

yes, ability to embed discussions within a page would be great. Where I've had 1 discussion per "page" I just use a discussion instead of a page, but when there are a number of discussion prompts for a single page that isn't a good option. Being able to include that inline in the page would be ideal. This could either be embedded as an iframe with it's own scrollbar, or another option is in a side panel that can be opened - the way the New User Tutorial Tray appears would be an ideal way to present this - could have a button inline contextually in the content that would open that panel

I mocked up an image to inset here to discover I can't just upload the image here *le sigh*  so you'll have to use your imagination, but basically a button that inserts via the RTE into the content, that when clicked has a panel slide out from the right of the screen taking up approx 1/3 of the screen with the discussion item that the button was linked to - that way students could see the course content and the discussion at the same time.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!