Embedded Studio videos in Pages - ability to click to edit below the video

0 Likes
(1)

I use Pages to make Zoom recordings available to students.  On a single Page, I might have multiple videos, with a bit of explanation between each.   However, I find that if I embed a video as the current last item on the page, the editor won't allow me to insert anything after the video.  I can't get the cursor to move past the video.  

My workaround is to put a few blank lines on the page, back up and insert the video among them, so that there is at least one blank line after the video that I can move the cursor to.  Quite often, though, I forget, and the only thing I can do is delete the embedding, and then redo using the workaround.

All that's needed is to automatically add a blank line after any embedded video, I think. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@tcorica  Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for further discussion, I think your current solution is a good one, as long as you remember to do that; for my part, I usually switch to the HTML view and add a few <p></p> after the video code, which eliminates the need to delete and re-embed the video.

tcorica
Community Member

Thanks.  I've used your trick, but I'm often a little anxious about editing the HTML for fear I'll break something!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.