[Reports] Enhanced LTI Report

Hello, I would like to request an enhancement to the LTI report based on the archived idea Report for LTIs (External Apps) Usage and a concern that account-level LTI configurations are not being reported by course. For example, we have configured many partner apps at the account-level because of high demand/use needs; however, the LTI report only shows them tied to the account. Here's a report filtered on Cengage, Macmillan, and McGraw Hill to use as examples for no listing of courses where deployed:

207429_Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.png

The report would be more useful if it also showed the courses that they are deployed in. This means we can then view total use of LTI to see which are being used, or not being used, and to then have a course count per term. Right now there is no way to identify courses where various LTIs have been deployed.

Thank you!

Shane

54 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

207472_pastedImage_3.pngThank you for your Feature Idea submission. As you referenced,   was submitted in a different voting period, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference this idea for insight.

Since archived ideas can be re-submitted, your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers as well.

dschober
Community Novice

This is an important need.  We're also trying to run reports on specific courses/sub-accounts/tools and see this shortcoming.  The current LTI report is rather pointless. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. December 7, 2016 - Wed. March 1, 2017.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

dschober
Community Novice

@riggss ​, smfein​,  @shitia ​

Could you please elaborate on why you would vote this down?  Do you have another way to run these reports?  I am genuinely curious as I do not see a way to accomplish this task, and it is helpful for Admins, sub account admins, department directors/chairs/instructor leads.  There are a number of times I would see this as useful, and we've only gone through our first semester in Canvas.

shane_ohara
Community Champion

I second that question...please help a fellow admin out and vote or share info if you have another way to extract.

Shane

smfein
Community Novice

I'm not sure what happened, but that vote was a mistake! I intended to vote this idea UP, not down. I appreciate that  @dschober   followed up to question the reasoning, because otherwise I would not have realized my error. I will try to find out if it's possible to reverse my vote. Thanks again for pointing this out. I'm guessing that my colleagues,  @riggss ​​ and  @shitia ​​, may have also selected DOWN in error.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Susan,

Yes, you should always be able to change your votes from up to down or down to up as long as you are logged in. 

There is an identified bug currently where about one time in a hundred if someone clicks to vote up it is registered as a down vote.  It has to do with the vote being recorded before the form is fully downloaded.  Thankfully the work around is simply to click the Up button a second time to change your vote.  There is an update that Jive is supposed to apply tonight that should fix the bug.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

straussi
Community Champion

@shane_ohara ​, thanks for bring this one back around. We've needed this on a few vendor renewals when trying to determine usage, as well as in downtime situations. :smileycheck:

kschneider25
Community Champion

@shane_ohara ‌, thank you for continuing to voice this need.  We have a need for this type of report or information so we can gauge LTI usage for various support reasons.  I was hoping that Canvas Data would be able to help us in this matter but we haven't been able to dig into the data enough to make it make sense, yet.

shane_ohara
Community Champion

@kenneth_rogers ‌,  @shitia ‌,  @riggss ‌, and  @amandataintor ‌ - I am curious as to why you down voted on this idea? Not to call you out, but if this is available in another manner then I would like to know. I genuinely would like to see this implemented to make admin lives easier.

Thanks,
Shane