[Reports] Enhanced LTI Report

Hello, I would like to request an enhancement to the LTI report based on the archived idea Report for LTIs (External Apps) Usage and a concern that account-level LTI configurations are not being reported by course. For example, we have configured many partner apps at the account-level because of high demand/use needs; however, the LTI report only shows them tied to the account. Here's a report filtered on Cengage, Macmillan, and McGraw Hill to use as examples for no listing of courses where deployed:

207429_Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.png

The report would be more useful if it also showed the courses that they are deployed in. This means we can then view total use of LTI to see which are being used, or not being used, and to then have a course count per term. Right now there is no way to identify courses where various LTIs have been deployed.

Thank you!

Shane

54 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

A few months ago there was a bug in Jive (this community platform) where sometimes when people click to vote up, it would register as a down vote.  Thankfully if they clicked the up vote button a second time their vote would change to an up vote.  Can anyone here confirm that they are able to change a down vote to an up vote or visa versa?

Thanks

kenneth_rogers
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@scottdennis ‌ Yessir. I was able to change my down vote to an up vote.

shane_ohara
Community Champion

Yes, you are able to switch from up to down and down to up. I hope they fix this bug so that we don't all have to pay extra attention to each vote cast.

DanBurgess
Community Participant

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the shout out for the get out to vote.

I checked to make sure my vote was accurately counted ...and no hanging chads.

kari
Community Contributor

This happened to me yesterday. I voted up but it cast the vote as down. I quickly changed it to up. 

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

We have reported this bug to Jive three times now.  They have fixed it twice but it hasn't stayed fixed.  The report is currently back open again.  Smiley Sad

cward
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for the informative discussion in this thread! We'll take the advice offered here under consideration as we think of ways to improve the admin-level reporting in Canvas. In the meantime, Canvas Admins can also access this data in Canvas Data, where they can easily tie LTI usage to courses and terms.

shane_ohara
Community Champion

Deactivated user‌ - can you elaborate on how to find this data? Tables, etc? Thus far...I've not had any luck. Thank you.

cward
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

The Canvas Data schema documentation is here: Canvas Data Portal, and the data you're after lives in the external_tool_activation_* tables!

shane_ohara
Community Champion

Will the data break down account-level LTIs as courses use them? If not, I go back to my original question and need - how do we find out which courses are using one of the account-level configured LTIs? Thank you for the help.