[Reports] Enhanced LTI Report

Hello, I would like to request an enhancement to the LTI report based on the archived idea Report for LTIs (External Apps) Usage and a concern that account-level LTI configurations are not being reported by course. For example, we have configured many partner apps at the account-level because of high demand/use needs; however, the LTI report only shows them tied to the account. Here's a report filtered on Cengage, Macmillan, and McGraw Hill to use as examples for no listing of courses where deployed:

207429_Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-02 at 3.41.11 PM.png

The report would be more useful if it also showed the courses that they are deployed in. This means we can then view total use of LTI to see which are being used, or not being used, and to then have a course count per term. Right now there is no way to identify courses where various LTIs have been deployed.

Thank you!

Shane

54 Comments
kenneth_rogers
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for calling me out. I don't know why I voted it down...because I could've sworn I voted this up. We need more data on LTI tools...so whether Jive screwed me over or I clicked wrong, I MEANT to vote it up.

Thanks, Shane.

shitia
Community Novice

Hi, Shane:

I must have clicked the wrong button too. Sorry about that.

Tianhong

shane_ohara
Community Champion
Author

Excellent, thanks for clarifying. I couldn't agree more.

shane_ohara
Community Champion
Author

Excellent, thanks for clarifying.

dschober
Community Novice

@shane_ohara ‌, great job keeping this alive! 

I'm going to try to solicit some votes from https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2430 

Hey everyone!  You could be the votes to push this to the next phase of discovery!  Bringing this to your attention:  @britain_woodman ‌,  @sherlock ‌,  @kbarnes ‌,  @diehlj ‌,  @delayna_breckon ‌, ome-qa‌,  @DanBurgess ‌, costwink‌, scoffie‌, mnieckoski‌,  @jennifer_redd ‌

And to the random Schobers I found on here... schoberk‌ and  @anna_schober ‌ ... help a fellow Schober out?

dschober
Community Novice

Everybody gets 1 vote!

mnieckoski
Community Novice

I'm on board with this... will be quite useful.

Thanks for the alert!

--mike

Keene State College

amanda_taintor
Community Contributor

Thanks for calling me out as well, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support this.....I'm not sure why it registered as a vote down. I must have clicked the wrong button as well YIKES! Changing now!!!

shane_ohara
Community Champion
Author

Thank you, Dave. I appreciate the assistance. Although,  @britain_woodman ‌ did down vote it...why? And  @riggss ‌ I am still wondering why you down voted? 🙂 

Shane

britain_woodman
Community Participant

I am pro-LTI and definitely thought I clicked "up." This seems to be a common refrain in this thread.