Exclude Terms in SIS Sync

0 Likes

During the Spring semester, our SIS (PowerSchool) admins begin creating the set of Years & Terms for the next school year in their system. There is no way for them to have these terms in a "draft" or "unblished" status to exclude them from the sync to Canvas. We want the SIF Agent to exclude future terms from syncing to Canvas until the school year ends. Having these terms come over before the end of the current school year creates confusion for teachers and students. 

Tags (2)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this idea, @CoreyMcNeill . According to our product manager for SIS, the SIF agent is configured on the PowerSchool side of the integration. Please work directly with PowerSchool to determine if the SIF agent could be adjusted so that future data is not sent to Canvas.

CoreyMcNeill
Community Member
Author

@Stef_retired do not archive my request. This idea board post was at the recommendation of my CSM team for the State of North Carolina. If we cannot use this board as a place to request updates, please tell me where to do so. I have spoken with several members of the Instructure team and the data coming from the SIF agent has sufficient data within it to be filtered on the Canvas side. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@CoreyMcNeill  I've given this to the product manager for further review. Thanks for your quick reply.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@CoreyMcNeill  I've now discussed this with the CSM and product manager. Your CSM will contact you directly next week to assist with this.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @CoreyMcNeill  - Were you able to connect with your CSM? Does this idea need to be edited, archived, or opened? Thank you for your ongoing collaboration!