Explanation for icons on hover

0 Likes
(1)

On the Grades page for student and/or parent view there are icons in Canvas for different actions that have been taken. Assignment submitted, feedback from the instructor, etc. Many parents and students don't understand these icons. Providing a small pop up explanation when the cursor hovers on the icon would help tremendously! Alternatively, a key could be provided on each Grades page that would list their meanings. I've had many ask why this isn't a feature. I hope it can be considered. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Thanks for sharing this idea, @EEKennedy . As it moves forward for broader discussion, we recommend providing these explanatory resources to students and observers:  How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades pa...   and  How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades pa...

JoshBuedel
Community Member

I have an additional feature to add to this request. That is, to make clear when a resubmission exists but has not yet been graded. As a parent I spend a lot of time in this view working with my son to make sure he is caught up. It's a constant exchange of "this one has a zero" (from me) and "I submitted it already" (from him). Of course, being a kid I often have to dig deeper to see if he actually *re*submitted or not, and if he did, did the resub get a zero or does it still need graded. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.