cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation for icons on hover

Explanation for icons on hover

0 Kudos
(1)

On the Grades page for student and/or parent view there are icons in Canvas for different actions that have been taken. Assignment submitted, feedback from the instructor, etc. Many parents and students don't understand these icons. Providing a small pop up explanation when the cursor hovers on the icon would help tremendously! Alternatively, a key could be provided on each Grades page that would list their meanings. I've had many ask why this isn't a feature. I hope it can be considered. 

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Thanks for sharing this idea, @EEKennedy . As it moves forward for broader discussion, we recommend providing these explanatory resources to students and observers:  How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades pa...   and  How do I use the icons and colors in the Grades pa...

JoshBuedel

I have an additional feature to add to this request. That is, to make clear when a resubmission exists but has not yet been graded. As a parent I spend a lot of time in this view working with my son to make sure he is caught up. It's a constant exchange of "this one has a zero" (from me) and "I submitted it already" (from him). Of course, being a kid I often have to dig deeper to see if he actually *re*submitted or not, and if he did, did the resub get a zero or does it still need graded.