Export Canvas course in SCORM

0 Likes
(3)

While Canvas enable users to import SCORM courses, there is no feature to export in SCORM.

It's very surprising and it should be a major feature to add! (it exists on other LMS already)

I can't participate to any tender, as customers always ask for SCORM courses to implement in their own LMS. Which means from now on, I won't be able to use your great editor, but will have to build all my courses through an external authoring tool like Articulate 360. A pity!

Could you pls consider adding this feature? It's vital.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

deenaking
Community Member

I totally agree...SCORM export should be standard.

mrash2
Community Explorer

Has anyone found a way to export SCORM packages from Canvas? We have a few older SCORM packages that were created by third parties and we need to move them from one Canvas instance to another. Unfortunately, we no longer have the original zip files or Storyline files. I have tried using the ResourcesSaver plugin for Chrome/Edge, but it never manages to grab all the SCORM files.

If nobody has found a way to do this themselves, I wonder if Canvas Support would be able to do this for us on a case-by-case basis? Or is there no alternative but to recreate these projects?

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!