[Rubrics] Export aggregate rubric scores to identify strengths and weaknesses of class as a whole

I'd like Canvas to be able to generate a single table that shows the rubric line item scores for all students.  Then I would easily be able to tell which items students struggled most with, and plan subsequent lessons accordingly.

Added to Theme

91 Comments
lauren_sayer
Community Contributor

We use rubrics to measure learning dispositions or behaviours.  Having the ability to do this would enable us to have strong discussions regarding pastoral care 

lynchj12
Community Explorer

Thanks for this tip! It may be the perfect solution for me. Smiley Happy Can I go to the workshop? 

JamesAshby
Community Contributor

Hi everyone. If it helps, I created a browser enhancement driven by TamperMonkey that lets you export all criterion scores for all students in a single assignment from within Speedgrader. Check out the install guide and let me know if you have any feedback: Export Rubric Scores.

rgong1
Community Participant

This is perfect! Exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

bernhard_lohkam
Community Participant

This is a very important feature which I fully support! I just want to iterate that not just the total score of the rubric is useful but the rubric ratings for each criteria per student. Not just for analytis but for e.g. for minimum requirements on specific criteria as well.

Bernhard

wschilling
Community Member

This feature is absolutely essential to have to make rubrics useful.  If I can not look overall at how my students are doing on each part that I grade for an assignment in a quantifiable way, how can I continuously improve on the assignment?  This is not a tremendously difficult feature to implement either.  I'm honestly amazed that this was proposed 5 years ago and still has not been built.

tajaco
Community Novice

Totally agree. How is it possible that this is not yet implemented?? Is absolutely basic and essential to evaluating students and class as a teacher.

l_balko
Community Member

There is an essential need for faculty to evaluate individual question response data by each student. Access to question response data is currently available for Classic quizzes, but not New Quizzes. Lack of access to these data limits the ability to evaluate the quiz/exam results effectively. It translates to Correct/Incorrect and not which misconceptions are shared by students or whether a question was well written. Please support the request started in 2015 to provide question response data for ALL Canvas assessments, including New Quizzes.

a1224143
Community Participant

We are using Rubrics with Peer Assessment more and more as we move toward more use of dialogic pedagogy. A feature that would at least allow exporting rubric reviews by students would save our teacher academics alot of time and reduce the mistakes made when moderating scores.

TRACYLT
Community Member

For over 5 years, users have been saying that not being able to download scores from rubrics - only totals- interferes with the usefulness of using rubrics to assess how well students are understanding different aspects of materials.  Analyzing the data requires copying it by hand to a spreadsheet or doing the computer programming yourself.  It seems like this would be reasonable to fix (since some computer savvy users have written code to do this, it seems like someone at Canvas should have the ability too).  You can download quizzes getting scores for each question instead of just an overall score.  Could you piggy back onto that functionality?

If no one at Canvas can figure it out, maybe you need to hire someone who can?