Fill in the blank REGRADE

0 Likes
(1)

Canvas quizzes need the ability to regrade fill in the blank questions in the same way we can regrade multiple choice questions. It appears that this suggestion has been made for years and yet Canvas continues not to add it.

This is a feature that needs to exist. Please make it happen!

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@PeterVandenBerg  Thanks for sharing this idea. According to  How do I regrade a quiz question in New Quizzes?, the quiz question types that cannot be regraded are Essay and File Upload; only point values can be changed for questions of the Categorization type. Have you found that you're not able to regrade fill-in-the-blank questions in New Quizzes?

PeterVandenBerg
Community Member

@Stef_retired That's correct - I cannot regrade a fill in the blank question on New Quizzes. Are you able to? If it's something I'm not doing correctly, I'd love to hear about it. However, I am quite certain that it is not possible to regrade fill in the blank questions. Let me know if you try it and are able to.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@PeterVandenBerg  Here are screenshots of the regrade in progress:

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.35.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 11.34.50 AM.png

If this functionality isn't working for you, and/or if you're not seeing the Regrade button display as depicted, please use the pathway to support provided by your school to contact Canvas Support for assistance. General instructions for contacting Canvas Support are in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived