Filter submissions by section

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to filter submissions by section in the mobile teacher app.  Right now I have no easy way to see who has and has not submitted their assignment because ALL students in the course show up at once.  I even see all students in the course even if the assignment was only assigned to one section.  My policy is that homework is due at the beginning of class and I need to know in the first minute or two who has and has not submitted.  

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12580-canvas-teacher-release-notes-ios-11 .

13 Comments
rseilham
Community Champion

I have tested this out quite extensively and I can't find a way to show sections ANYWHERE in the app. This includes SpeedGrader, submission lists, or any assignments. The app treats combined sections as one master course with no ability to see individual sections. So, you got my vote.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

This feature has been missed by me and a number of my colleagues, and we're only in week two of the new school year. Sorting makes it so much easier to manage courses and overall grading workflow. I hope that this idea gains some attention!

emily_coklan
Community Explorer

Reduced functionality from Speedgrader's previous capabilities (including, but not limited to this feature) when changing to Canvas Teacher makes increased buy-in from teachers a tough pill to swallow. Help!

lmarks
Community Participant

Emily makes a valid point. Teacher buy-in is the number one priority! The app is useless without this functionality.

davidrcrockett
Community Explorer

One of my teachers got the Canvas Teacher App yesterday after Speedgrader was removed from his iPad. Already had an email in my box this morning regarding the fact he couldn't grade by section....

rseilham
Community Champion

This ideas is getting some attention. I didn't see this functionality in the latest beta, but I hope it's available in the future. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.2) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@jfauntleroy  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @rseilham  Thank You ,  @KristinL  Thank You ,  @emily_coklan  Thank You ,  @lmarks  Thank You,   @davidrcrockett  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

audra_agnelly
Community Champion

@Renee_Carney  Is this functionality getting deployed to Android? I had a teacher ask about it today and from what I can find in the Community, it's only available in iOS?

rseilham
Community Champion