Filters with AND logic

0 Likes
(1)

The idea is simple! Filter with AND logic for the same category.

For example: We have students assigned to LAB001 and LAB302. Students assigned to LEC001 and LEC002. Both students from LEC 301 and LEC 302 can be from either LAB001 and LAB002.

I might be wrong, but I couldn't find an option to go to Grades and filter for LAB001 && LEC301

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@rmartins2 

I'm guessing the codes you shared above are sections in your course?
It sounds like you are familiar with How do I filter columns and rows in the Gradebook? Can you help me better understand the AND logic you are looking for in the filters?  Are you wanting to be able to look at two course sections at once?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rmartins2 

It's been a while, so this is just a reminder that we're waiting to hear back from you. Thanks!

rmartins2
Community Member

chart.png

Hi, 

I belive this venn diagram will help. Considering that you have lectures 001 and 002, and lab 001 formed for a mix of students from lec 001 and 002, I haven't find a way to get the intersection of these groups (Lec 001 & Lab 001) and (Lec 002 & Lab 001)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rmartins2 

That Venn diagram is exceptionally helpful! We've moved the idea forward for broader discussion. Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.