Finding class scores and grades for the semester should not be that complicated

0 Likes

The navigation in Canvas is terrible. Why aren't most menus showing a simple link to see the grades in one single page? 

1) This class page doesn't show me anything useful (no scores, not concise) and no link to the summary of the grades.

2) Once finally found, why are the grades sorted from oldest to newest with no possibility to see easily recent grades?  I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see if recent homeworks and exams were graded.

3) Why is the only link to Grades is a button on the dashboard  located at the bottom right of the screen , often hidden unless we scroll. . It should be in the left menu. It should also be on every classes page.

4) What I need is an easily accessible one-page scores & grade summary for each class. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @GuillBrassard -

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Grades. Unfortunately, we can't open this thread as it includes more than one request.

Your instructor may have disabled Grades for your course, and that's why it may not be appearing in the navigation. How do I view my grades in a current course? 

These ideas are currently open for conversation -- Feel free to join the discussion!

Grading Period Filter on Student "Grades" page 

Add filtering to Student View of Grades