Fix Layering Issue for Toolbar Menus in Rich Content Editor

0 Likes

So, I know that there are two ways to select content from an external app in the Rich Content Editor as a student.

The first path (Tools > Apps > View All) works correctly.

Path 1Path 1

But the second path (More > Apps) causes a layering problem where the menu still shows over the "All Apps" menu.

Path 2Path 2

Layering problem after "Apps" is clicked from menu: 

Layering problem after "Apps" is clicked.Layering problem after "Apps" is clicked.

A possible fix is to make the menu disappear when the "All Apps" menu comes up or possibly just make the menu go behind the "All Apps" menu. 

Tags (2)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this, @michael1439273 ; the screenshots will be especially helpful. Before we move this forward for broader conversation here in the Idea Conversations forum, can you confirm that you've already reported this to Canvas Support? (And if you haven't, would you do that first and provide the case number here?)

michael1439273
Community Participant

I have not reported it yet. I've never submitted anything to canvas support before, can you tell me what I need to do?

Edit: I've read the Canvas guide for submitting a support ticket but my school has disabled the help menu. Is there any way I can submit a ticket without going through my school first? 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Your best course of action, @michael1439273 , is to submit your support request through the school's Instructional Support Services department: Instructional Support Services - Georgia Cyber Academy 

michael1439273
Community Participant

Sorry, I didn't see this message. My teacher said she would tell GCA's tech support person about it. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @michael1439273 . As this is now being addressed as a support case, we've archived the idea.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived