[Gradebook] Fix "Message Students Who: Haven't Been Graded" filter

I know we all LOVE Heart LOVE Heart LOVE Heart the "Message Students Who" feature from the Gradebook.   

The one filter that doesn't seem right to me is the "Haven't been graded" option, because it includes the "Students who haven't Submitted."

If this filter selects students who submitted but for whom a teacher hasn't had an opportunity to grade yet for whatever reason, they can message those students and let them know why and when they can expect to see a grade and feedback.

14 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion
Author

Hi friend! @valentinesking - Oh, that's an interesting use and work around for communicating with students on "No Submission" Assignments.

And I would think my Idea would still work in the scenario you shared.

I think there may be a time when a teacher would like to send a message to students Who Have Submitted But Haven't been Graded Yet (like: My apologies.  Thank you for submitting. you're work. Please know we've had a family emergency.  I expect to review your work starting on Monday). -- I think that is the intention of the tool, but currently it's including also those who have not submitted.

samuel_wightman
Community Member

I agree!!!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme