Fix speedgrader text fields to prevent inverted input

0 Likes
(1)

In the speedgrader right-hand panel, the text fields for Grade and Assignment Comments can break while being selected.

If you try to click/drag to select existing text to modify, and you do not release the mouse until you leave the speedgrader panel, the insertion mark ends up pinned to the front of the text field and anything you type ends up input backwards. See image below.

It appears to be interplay between the speedgrader widgets and the iframe containing the submission. If the student has no submission (and thus the drag does not cross into an iframe), the widget does not end up in a broken state.

text_field_wierdness.gif

Tags (2)
8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@ascholerCCC  Thanks for providing that animation! Have you submitted a support ticket to Canvas Support, and if you have, would you provide the case number?

ascholerCCC
Community Member

I haven't. I could go do so if that is the better forum for something that is more bugfix than feature request.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ascholerCCC We'd need support to review it first before we can determine whether it should in fact be a topic for the Idea Conversations forum, so please submit a ticket. Once they've examined the behavior, please let us know what they find. We'll keep this idea in Moderating status in the meantime.

Thanks!

caw
Community Explorer

This happens to me about 70% of the time I use Speedgrader, and it drives me crazy. I'd love to see this issue fixed.  Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@caw Would you please send a ticket to Support as well? Thanks.

j_broussard
Community Novice

This reverse typing happens to me too.  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks to everyone who has been participating in this thread. If you haven't reported this to Canvas Support, please do so ( How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? provides the general instructions for contacting support, but your school may have its own custom pathway).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived