Fix view of answers in multiple fill-in-the-blanks questions on quizzes

0 Likes

Please fix the numbering of the answers shown when looking at a students submitted quiz. The relationship to the names/numbering in the problem seems random, and some are simply omitted! EG, on one question, there are 16 matrix entries to fill in. I am shown "Answer 1" though "Answer 12", and their relationship to the 16 which should be shown is totally unclear.

Here is a screen shot of a much smaller version:    this question has three answers, which the student answered "a", "a+b", and "c". The grading then shows "Answer 1" and "Answer 2" only.
These were actually the second and third answers to be entered.

(screenshot displaying the Classic Quizzes interface removed to preserve student privacy)

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Robert_Bruner
Community Explorer

Can you please blur the student's name.   I only noticed it was visible after posting.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@Robert_Bruner 

Thanks for sharing this idea. The screenshot (which we've removed) indicated that you're using Classic Quizzes. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we've archived this idea. 

Robert_Bruner
Community Explorer

Please do display all the answers in the new version!

Robert_Bruner
Community Explorer

The new Quiz display still suffers from this fault.   To reiterate:   when I view a students answers to a question with several "Multiple Fill in the Blank" answers, they aren't all shown!

This is simply deficient.    This must be a bug.   Surely it isn't a feature.

This is not a feature request.   It is a bug report.