Formatting Text

formatting text is clunky

a format button that would allow the same formatting to be used on other text would help enormously

(like word has a formatting paint brush)

3 Comments
bsr
Community Contributor

Agreed! Or at least a "clear formatting" button that would revert the selected text to whatever mysterious format Canvas defaults. There currently isn't even an easy way to SEE what formats are in use in order to attempt a match.

gnoack
Community Champion

Hi all, 

There is a clear formatting tool, see this guide.  See the section titled "Remove Text Formatting."

As far as seeing what format is used, when I click on different text, it does show me what size and heading style I am using. Does your instance not do this?   

A format paintbrush would be very useful, I agree. One work around for new content would be top copy text that is styled the way you want, then paste it in the new area and add to it, then delete the unwanted copied text.  I know that is a bit clunky and doesn't work for existing text, but it's useful in some instances.  Thankfully, there aren't too many style choices which keeps it simple and accessible for students. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.