Formula Questions equation

0 Likes
(1)

The equation editor (advanced mode) is really nice for type-setting formula to solve. But It does not currently have the ability to have the random-generated numbers auto-embedded in those nicely formatted equations. 

It would be great to be able to use the equation editor with randomly-assigned values directly. Instead of having to make an equation with letters, then define that the letters equal something else... 

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@apetruska 

Please refer to the comment we posted to your earlier idea submission where we provided links to conversations you can join.

Thanks!

apetruska
Community Member

@Stef_retiredIt is not clear to me what you mean by 'classic' and 'new' quizzes. From my side, I have only one option visible.

Regardless, This idea is not captured in any of the other topics you suggested. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@apetruska 

Canvas currently has two active quiz tools: Classic (or Old) Quizzes, for which we are no longer developing new functionality; and New Quizzes, detailed in the New Quizzes User Group. When you start using the new quiz tool in live courses, we hope you'll come back to join existing discussions and initiate new idea conversations around the functionality.

apetruska
Community Member

@Stef_retired 

Since I only see one quiz tool, how can I tell which one I see?  If its the 'old' one, where is the new one so I can switch (since i'm making new content)?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@apetruska 

The quiz tools are different in appearance and immediately distinguishable from one another. That said, if you only have one quiz tool available in your course, it is almost definitely Classic (Old) Quizzes. If you don't see the ability to turn New Quizzes on in the feature options area of course settings, please ask your local Canvas admin to let you know when they plan to enable it.