[Reports] Generate/Print Batch Progress Reports/Grades For All Students

We need a way to print progress reports/grades in batch fashion, a section at a time. This is a huge problem for our K-12 school district and the biggest complaint by far from administrators, teachers, special ed staff, and counselors/advisors. We really need a better way to generate multiple student grade/deficiency reports instead of one at a time or a CSV list. In a perfect world, if all students and parents had their own updated devices and the technological skills to access their grades, this wouldn't be an issue, but until that happens, we REALLY need this. We're going to have a mutiny on our hands.

Added to Theme

43 Comments
jason_paddock
Community Explorer

This is also very important to us.

We need the ability to run a grade report for a single student that includes each course and each term on one sheet.

In PowerSchool, this is the Quick Lookup feature that we use for a variety of purposes. Ideally, this would be a couple of clicks away (what they're used to in PowerSchool) and not a significant process.

The closest we've come to approximate this is to become a student and access grades. But even then, you have to select each term, printing a sheet for each one.

ilovell
Community Contributor

If the report could somehow include teacher comments and rubric/outcome info that would be very helpful. A packed full .csv that we could mail merge to make look pretty would be awesome.

mevearitt
Community Novice

We would love this feature added. Our SIS will not allow batch imports of grades from Canvas (even as a .csv file), and so they have told us that we would have to just add all grades manually. This is not a viable option for us - please add this Canvas!

msl_adm
Community Contributor

Hi Leslie,

Sorry about that. We had a server change and I didn't update the link. It's updated now!

-- Matt

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

landr
Community Member

This is an important feature that is needed by a number of us at my school.  It would

help in producing on-campus progress reports at mid-term to aid in retention. I do it anyway

with the print grade option for each student.  Batch print would be much less time consuming.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

dmagner
Community Novice

It would be helpful for my course to batch print only selected columns in the grade book. Not all assignments count toward the final grade.

DM

canvas-zendesk
Community Novice

This appears to be an "old" idea but never implemented. We really need to have this capability for large classes. It's a real time waster that instructors must print each student's grades individually. The comment made today to me was "I'm new to Canvas and this is so outdated that I have to print each student individually!" Please revisit this idea as we need it!

samantha_carpen
Community Explorer

This is still an issue that needs to be resolved. There needs to be a way for teachers to print batch student grade reports from Canvas. With many more K-12 schools utilizing Canvas for blended-learning or online learning this feature needs to be added and quickly!