Get Notified on PDFs that get added

0 Likes

Hello.  I have my notifications set to be notified of when all new files/assignments are added to help keep up with online learning but for some reason this does not include PDFs.  My son (a student) and I (I have parent notifications as well) both missed a pdf notification for a spelling list and as a result he had no idea what spelling words to study for.  It's happened again this week.  Please either include PDFs in the files category that can be turned on/off or add a separate PDF notification tab to turn on/off.  Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@DeletedUser 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Students should receive notifications of all new assignments as well as of file uploads (these are two separate notifications, as detailed in How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?)

Is the teacher sharing the PDF in an assignment, or simply uploading the PDF to the course (and if so, where)? Please ask the teacher so we can clarify this idea.

Thanks!

DeletedUser
Not applicable

It's on the course page under a heading.  I'm happy to give more info to a Canvas representative in a non-shared space since this includes a minor.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Your best course of action to initiate a private conversation with a representative from Canvas is to ask Canvas Support to investigate this on your observed student's behalf. If your organization doesn't provide a support pathway for Observers, please ask the teacher to initiate that conversation.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived