Globally Stop Synch to SIS for past semesters

0 Likes
(1)

The teacher has to go to each course and uncheck the S1 assignments options to stop the synch. I hope there is a global setting to turn off the synch.

Thanks,

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @GirijaRao - 

There was a similar idea discussed last month. Exclude Terms in SIS Sync mentions that this may be a setting in the SIS, rather than Canvas. Let the Community know what you discover. I may need to connect with the SIS team to get additional guidance. Thanks!

CoreyMcNeill
Community Member

Hey @KristinL 

I am the author of the other idea conversation you referenced. The exclusion of inactive terms is not a setting within PowerSchool SIS that our admin team or the company is aware of. Therefore, I started the idea to request that Canvas develop a feature to exclude inactive terms from SIS sync to Canvas. Reading @GirijaRao  post, I think they are referring to the ability to mass disable the grade book passback sync icon for the semester one assignment, but I could be wrong. I, however, want to filter our SIS incoming data to make the LMS experience less cumbersome for our teachers and students. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

HI @GirijaRao -

We hope you are doing well!

I wanted to stop back and review this idea. If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 8, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

christy_gill
Community Member

I would also love a feature to remove assignments from prior terms in the gradebook sync settings!