Google Forms Integration

(20)

We need to have a way for all of us Google users to integrate the Google Forms that we have created. Canvas needs to have a Google Forms integration where quizzes can be graded in Canvas to keep us Google users from going back to strictly Google Classroom. Canvas has been able to integrate Docs, Sheets and Slides, why not the other features Google offers?? 

13 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@canarykristin  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for general discussion, you might also be interested in joining the conversation at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1297-form-based-assignments-eg-worksheets-or-guided-reflection... 

semery101
Community Member

This would be excellent and a huge time saver for those of us either using both platforms or needing to utilize already created tools.

timothy_maw
Community Champion

I think this would be a great idea. This is something I would love to use more.

__teacher
Community Member

This would be a great idea!

cdesimone
Community Member

Please integrate GoogleForms.

jwackerla
Community Member

Canvas uses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides; can Google Forms also be implemented?

kimberly_midden
Community Member

It would be very helpful if instructors could import questions from an already made Google Form quiz into Canvas quizzes and it would separate it into separate questions and build the quiz. That way it would sync the responses with my school grade book, which Google Forms doesn't.

HollyBrewer
Community Novice

I have spent many extra hours entered grades on canvas because there is no integration with google forms. It makes everything so much harder! I would have simply used canvas quizzes, but the google forms (I particularly like the exit tickets!) -- make everything so much easier.  Please, please, find a way to integrate google forms into canvas. This is all the more important in our current pandemic-online world.

Holly Brewer

Burke Chair of American History & Associate Professor

University of Maryland

ddelvecchio
Community Novice

Canvas, please make this happen! We would LOVE to see Google Forms be able to be a graded assignment within Canvas...we're so close...we already love the Google LTI feature using Docs...just add the Forms to the mix!

Fairuze
Community Member

Many institutions have been using Google form for exams as the first solution to get started with online classes.  Some of my colleagues have Google form exam papers with over a hundred questions that have been created in the last 20 months. It would be great if there could be an option to import questions directly from Google forms.

Thanks

ljohnson2
Community Member

It would be great to have the option to be able to migrate a Google Form into a New Quizzes. Similiar to how old quizzes can be migrated into a new quizzes.

AmyCoffey
Community Novice

I would love to be able to convert my existing Google Forms to a quiz in Canvas. Can you please add this feature?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.