Grade Book View + Use

0 Likes

Could there be an update/fix that makes moving assignments around in the grade book easier? For example, if a new assignment gets added for a course, that assignment is automatically put at the far right end of the grade book, and it's cumbersome to drag it toward the left where I want it. Also, it would be nice to have the assignment groups on the left where the grade book opens up so that I don't have to scroll past a ton of assignments I haven't published yet just to see them.

More broadly, could the view/interface for the grade book be improved to better view things. Could there be some way that when you have a whole year/term worth of assignments that it is easier to navigate than it currently is?

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Gradebook, @cbb22 . We have a number of active ideas requesting specific improvements to gradebook functionality. Here are some of them:

Custom rearrangement of columns in gradebook

Hide grade columns for teacher gradebook

Hide Individual Total Columns One At A Time

Filter Gradebook by Column

Column Width in New Gradebook: empty margins and t... 

Fix column sorting in Gradebook

Arrange gradebook columns by CURRENT date

A search on "gradebook" in this forum will reveal others. 

We've archived and locked this idea so that existing threads don't branch off. If you aren't able to find an idea that aligns with the improvements you're hoping to see, please read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance on writing singular prompts.