Grade Posting Policy set at Assignment Group level

0 Likes
(3)

Currently, you can set your Grade Posting Policy to either 'Automatically Post Grades' or 'Manually Post Grades' for individual assignments OR at the course level. You should be able to set the Grade Posting Policy at the assignment group level to accommodate different grading strategies depending on the assignment type.

For instance, I would like one assignment group that is autograded (quizzes) to post automatically, while the other elements in the course remain manual to allow me to control when and how other grades are released. It is otherwise cumbersome to remember to change the posting policy for each quiz, especially when it isn't an option in the assignment settings when making the quiz.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

willi5cl
Community Explorer

Yes please!  There are relatively few assignments I want to set as manual, but I set the global method that way to make sure I don't forget to set those few to manual.  Being able to do this would not only save me MANY clicks, but would also save my students from having to remind me about every two weeks that there is some quiz/homework I forgot to reset to automatically post.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.