[Assignments] Grade Posting Policy should be configurable in assignment settings

Has this ever happened to you?

You create a great assignment; students start submitting; you start grading; and then you realize: you forgot to set your preferred posting policy!

You should have remembered to go to the gradebook, and set it, but you're busy, and you forgot.

It shouldn't have to be that way! Grade posting policies are an integral part of the assignment, like the total point value and assignment group, and you shouldn't have to go to a different page to set it: Grade posting policies should be configured from the assignment settings.

Please allow instructors to configure/set a grade posting policy for an assignment directly from the assignment editing page:

postpolicyfromassignmentsettings.png

Added to Theme

Improve Gradebook settings options Theme Status: Identified

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

victoria-maloy
Community Champion

This is a great idea that would raise the visibility of the Posting Policies!

joel_ostblom
Community Member

Related idea about configuring posting policy default in the gradebook, so that don't need to remember it at all when creating the assignment https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Set-Grade-posting-policy-at-Account-and-Subacc...

ken_i_mayer
Community Participant

I can't imagine ANY instructor wants to have grades instantly posted as soon as each one is graded. Can we change the default to automatically HIDE grades until POSTED?
Failing that, can we make it an account level setting?

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Set-Grade-posting-policy-at-Account-and-Subacc...

man20
Community Explorer

Yes!!  Please add this feature! 

man20
Community Explorer

Yes!!  Please add this feature! 

ken_i_mayer
Community Participant

It's like Instructure wants every teacher to curse Canvas every time they grade an assignment. This Canvas time tax is pure stupidity--having a default set up that virtually NO TEACHER EVER WOULD WANT. @shaun_moon

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme