Grade book link directly to missing assignments

0 Likes
(1)

When students click on an assignment in their grade book it takes them to the Submission page for the assignment.  It would be more helpful if it took them directly to the actual assignment when clicked on in the grade book.

I would like my students to be able to click on their missing or, “zero,” assignments in their grade book and go directly to that assignment.  When they see the “No Preview Available,” on the Submission page it confuses them.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
kcg
Community Explorer

I love this idea.  As many times as I've shown them they can get to the assignment by clicking the assignment name at the top of the page, they're still confused.  

nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Thanks for this idea! There is another idea that might interest you (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Making-feedback-more-visible-to-students/idi-p... ) that brings up similar concerns as part of the idea. We'll leave this idea open for voting, but I recommend you also go add your comments and vote to that idea.

breklis
Community Participant

It would be great for students to have two links available from their grade summary page: the assignment description/details or their submission.  If they have not yet submitted, the description is most helpful.  If they have submitted, a preview of what they submitted is helpful.   

ElizabethWelsho
Community Member

I'm baffled as to why this isn't a feature, yet and it's clearly been an issue since 2020. My students are coming over from Schoology, which has this feature, and it's amazing how much easier it is for them when everything is linked! Canvas needs this now!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.