Grade feedback for Fill-in-mulitple blanks not working properly

0 Likes

Complete feedback not being given. Canvas is not indicating which blanks are incorrect, but is only indicating partial credit. I am using classic quizzes. This is a teaching tool - I need it!

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@brookslo 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated early next year. 

Whenever you are experiencing functionality that is contrary to documented behavior, please use the support pathway provided by your school to report it as a problem (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?).

brookslo
Community Member

@Stef_retired Thank you. I am really concerned about losing this functionality. I use the multiple-fill-in-the blanks questions a LOT in my class. They are a good way to scaffold problem solving and to give lots of practice. They do NOT migrate well. I'm not liking the new quiz version of the question type. Being locked into a linear statement is not very useful. I have made another post to address that feature. I'm not looking forward to re-doing an entire years worth of problems.