Gradebook automatically posts to speedgrader

0 Likes

Once again Canvas manages to make extra work for teachers. This time, amazingly, I find that when I post a grade for an assignment in the GRADEBOOK it doesn't register in Speedgrader. Forget about why I need this to happen. How is it not the case that it does? When a teacher inputs a grade for an assignment anywhere, it should post everywhere in Canvas. Am I missing something? Can someone please 'flip this switch' ASAP? Thank you!

Tags (1)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@abander 

Thanks for sharing this feedback; please know that grades posted to the Gradebook integrate fully with Speedgrader. To be sure, I just posted a grade for a student's not-yet-graded assignment in the appropriate Gradebook cell and navigated to Speedgrader for that student; the grade I had just posted was visible in the grade field of Speedgrader.

Would you please use the Help button in your Canvas account to ask Canvas Support to have a look at your course? General instructions for contacting support are provided in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?, but it's possible that your school has customized the menu to provide its preferred help destination, in which case please use the pathway to support provided by your school.

abander
Community Member

@Stef_retired When I inputted the grade in gradebook it did not show up in Speedgrader. I see now that it's working. I also notice that quite frequently there are delays between 'components' in Canvas. I grade something in Speedgrader, for example, and it still shows it needs to be graded in the to-do list. Is this the same with gradebook-to-speedgrader integration? Is there a way to avoid these delays? 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@abander Thanks for letting us know that the functionality is working as expected, albeit sporadically in this case.

It's hard to know why a user might experience intermittent delays in various places, but there are so many potential variables at play: a brief and hardly discernible interruption in internet service and/or the wifi connection, the speed of the connection itself, the speed the device will support, the processor of the device, and so many more. I started using Canvas as a teacher in 2011 and haven't encountered these delays, so I can only hypothesize.