Gradebook

0 Likes
(3)

I would LOVE IT if when we finish entering grades using the Speedgrader and are ready to move onto the next assignment, it returned to the gradebook where were left off rather than going back to the beginning of the grades.

9 Comments
Community Member
Can the gradebook load at the assignment you are Speedgrading instead of sending you back to the first assignment?
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@129781 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you edit the idea to include details of how you're accessing the assignment from the Gradebook, how you're navigating from the Gradebook, to Speedgrader, and how you're then navigating back to the Gradebook from Speedgrader?

We'll keep this idea in moderating status as we look forward to reviewing the edit.

Thanks again.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

youngte
Community Member

I agree.  It is time-consuming and frustrating to always have to scroll back to the assignment to continue working on grading.  Use the last active position in the grade book to anchor the return.

jrussell52
Community Member

When I'm in SpeedGrader and I return to the grade book, I land at the top.  Then I have to scroll down again and find the student I need.  For example, I'm grading and I'm wondering, "didn't this student plagiarize their last assignment?".  So I go back to the grade book to look and I have to spend time finding their name again.  This seems like no big deal until you have a class of 200+ students.  There needs to be better functionality in general in SpeedGrader and the grade book.  Example: when in SpeedGrader, I should have the file tree at the left so I can jump to Modules or Assignments with a single click.  I should also be able to enable offline grading with a SAVE button so I don't have to wait that half second for a data transfer with every dang grade I enter.

laureen_miki
Community Member

I agree!  

raulcastillo
Community Member

Hello, in an attempt to clarify my request as there have been other posts about default gradebook views, I have not successfully found one to match my suggestion, so, here is a Loom video link to illustrate my points.

[video redacted to protect student privacy]

The idea is as follows...when grading individual assignments under SpeedGrader, when the user selects to view Gradebook, it would be nice for Gradebook to automatically scroll to the selected assignment column (it seems that there is a disconnect between the SpeedGrader view and the Gradebook view when switched) instead of having to scroll to the column that has the assignment listed.

Thank you so much for the time.

Another-MrC
Community Member

I get around this by opening the SpeedGrader in a new tab. It is a functional work around for the way the gradebook reloads each time. However if I have other tabs for other things I am working on, it can get overwhelming quickly. Being able to go right back to where I left the gradebook would improve my grading experience, especially if the students and assignment searches were restored. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.