[Gradebook] Grades - Better Sorting & Unread

Problem: 

I get a notification of a grade on browser. There is a dot by grades within my course module. I click the link to "Grades". When I get there I do not see any kind of relevant information or symbols pointing to the new "Grade" that I was notified of. Instead I see a list that is sorted four ways. I tried using all four different sorting methods, which their relevance is a topic in it's own, and I was not able to sort to see the modules that were A. Relevant to this current week's work and due dates, and B. Did not show any unviewed grades. Furthermore it was hard to distinguish between an assignment that was completed, completed and graded, or uncompleted. It seems like those three categories should be visually distinguishable.

Solution:

Do a rethink of the listing method. Perhaps mirror the sort of file tree view of the modules page. Show strong colorful, symbolic visual cues that items are graded, completed, and what those grades are in percentages with letters (A,B,C,D,F). Would also be cool if the assignments had some sort of featured image to them, whether by category (exam, activity, discussion, etc.) or a featured image set by the professor. Show unread/unviewed grades at the top so they can be reviewed easily, when relevant.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure