Grades Report Autopopulate to Email

0 Likes
(1)

Having the ability to autopopulate a grades report to student emails would be very helpful in keeping students on track.  Even with the grades link available I've seen that a printable version/sent to email is much more impactful.  If there was a method to add those reports to an email (very similar to the "Messages students who" option) and to do so without my downloading each report, I believe the students will stay on track more readily. 

Tags (2)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@rnichols 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Could you clarify what Canvas feature you're using to generate a "grades report" for a student? 

rnichols
Community Member
Author

Just the "print grades" button from the individual student grades page.  The grades page does a better job of making notes than Power School.  These notes are great information for students/parents, but they don't seem to use the grades link as much as they should.  I'd love the ability to email them a detailed report like this, by the "click of a button".  Grades, analytics, all of the great things Canvas has to my disposal would be good things to send home, without having to download each student's grades/analytics, then email.  Emailing this as a batch file (individual emails per student, but to the entire class simultaneously) and individual students would all be useful.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rnichols Thanks for that clarification. While this might not give you everything you've requested, have you checked out the various course activity messaging features available in New Analytics? How do I send a message to all students based on s... is one example.

ksbsroy
Community Member

I get frequent requests from teachers for a way to be able to print a Progress Report for all students. A print or email option for the Print Grades report (students) would be most welcome by our staff.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ksbsroy There is a long standing conversation underway around the batch printing request:  Generate/Print Batch Progress Reports/Grades For A...

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived