Grading Annotation Notifications

0 Likes

Can there be an option to turn off push notifications for annotations for college students?

When my professor grades an assignment, I receive approximately 15 notifications per minute. I'm not sure if it is every time they type a word or every time they add an annotation. However, there is no way to adjust it. It can be extremely overwhelming to have over 50 notifications from one assignment that the professor is grading in one sitting. I would love to be able to turn it off completely and just receive one notification that it was graded and annotations have been made.

Thank you so much.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @ChantalM -

I would be overwhelmed too! According to the Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-07-21), you should only receive one notification. Have you reported this issue to Canvas Support? I wonder if something isn't working quite right.

I also wonder if you could move your notification for this to Daily instead of Immediately. You'd still receive timely updates, but it should reduce the number of notifications in your inbox while you collaborate with Support. How do I contact Canvas Support? 

ChantalM
Community Member

Hi @KristinL I have not contacted Canvas Support. There is no option to move push notifications to daily. I believe that is a feature solely for email notifications (which I have turned off).

I will report this issue to canvas support.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

You're working with Mobile! I'm sorry I missed that detail. 

While I cannot offer a solution, there is an open idea for this:  Add setting to toggle document annotation notifica... - Instructure Community Please consider adding your comments and vote (star) to this idea. Your perspective as a student would be very valuable!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived