[Discussions] Grading Discussion in the Discussion Stream

I often use the Discussion feature as a Do Now activity for students in my classes. I try and reward students with points for participating in the discussions daily. Sometime going through the Speedgrader to grade these can be a longer process than what is necessary. I think if we could somehow include a grading box right along in the student stream where they post, it would be much easier to read replies, ensure student understanding, as well as saving time to grade students 1 by 1.

56 Comments
tom_gibbons
Community Contributor

Hi friends--

I've posted another idea for this, which is slightly different, and asks for the addition of some functionality that already exists for discussions and filtering to be added to SpeedGrader. 

You can find the idea for toggling between filtered and full view here.

lgiusto989
Community Member

I love the discussion feature.  One assignment that I use it for is for speeches.  Students record their speeches and post it in the discussion.  They then view three speeches of other students and respond to the discussion.

RussSimon
Community Member

This would be a great feature and would save me lots of administration time and allow me to invest that time with students rather than grading. I think it's odd that this item has so many posts with so few ratings. Remember everyone, you need to rate the idea using the stars above to help move this forward. Please rate 🙂

nicolebdouglas
Community Member

I appreciate that Speedgrader will show you all the posts and replies for that student in one place, but it's hard to see which student they replied to if you have a lot of students in the class. I would love to be able to grade and see the posts/replies at the same time and be able to reply on the thread right away so the whole class can see it.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme