Group

0 Likes
(1)

There is a group section under people in Canvass inside a course.  However, the same group section is not visible in the Canvass mobile application.

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@jkb6360 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Please read through How do I manage Courses and Groups in the Student app on my iOS device? for information on accessing course groups from the Canvas Student app. If you aren't able to find the group using that process, please contact your teacher directly for additional guidance.

jkb6360
Community Member

Not really important but was referring to below.  The web browser group would allow you to see the different groups in the class and its corresponding members.  This is especially useful if you want to joing a group.  This is just not available in the mobile app. You can only see the group that you belong to once you subscribe to a group through a web browser.

Screenshot_20200929-231239_Penn State Go.jpg

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jkb6360 

Thanks for that helpful clarification; screenshots are great! We've moved this forward for further discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

TreeHugger2
Community Explorer

It’s ridiculous that on my iPad Pro, I cannot reach my Groups to post or upload files or check on student contributions.  

TreeHugger2
Community Explorer

Please restore the Group Feature to the Canvas App.  it’s ridiculous that I can’t get into the student groups on my iPad Pro to check student work, post announcements, help them with documents.  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.