Groups feature enhancements – homepage, separate resources area, instructor access

0 Likes
(1)

Context: we have a subject with 2000 students, 32 tutorial groups and 27 teaching staff. In the subject half of it is central material living in Modules area, and the other half each tutorial group has a unique curriculum with its own resources and tutor (think of a subject within a subject). All students do the same assessments.

It would be helpful in this context to:

•           Be able to create unique dynamic homepages for each Group area (using an Announcement page as a hack, it is not a good experience)
 •           For an instructor to be able to be assigned to a Group and be able to find this area easily (not hunt in down via People area)
 •           For an instructor to be able to access features such as a Groups-only version of Modules and Pages, so they can add activities, readings, resources, text, videos etc that are only for their specific tutorial group (You can imagine if instead the 32 groups had an area in main Modules on top of the central material it’s really too cumbersome).
 •           If possible for the Group’s area content such as files to be only viewable by that group
- If possible for tutor's to be restricted to only being able to edit their tutorial's area

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts that would improve the experience for users in Groups. I'm particularly interested in the last two points. That would completely change the way Groups work, and it could be pretty powerful!

Because there are technically multiple requests in one thread, this post is being marked as Archived. Please make sure there is one idea per thread. How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community? 

Before making new threads, I browsed for existing ideas that may be aligned with your thoughts. If so, you can comment within those threads and rate (star) it to avoid making duplicates.

Allow Groups to set Homepage 

Only specific instructors for groups