Have PDFs open in a new browser tab and not download

0 Likes

I'm in a class and the PDF attachment links are downloading and not opening in a new browser tab. 

Example: https://onlinelearning.berkeley.edu/courses/1837366/discussion_topics/9595056

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

HI @RACHELPANUSH -

With PDFs and other linked material, sometimes clicking the title of the file vs. clicking the download icon (arrow) makes a difference. Do you have that option? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RACHELPANUSH -

I'm returning to check on this Idea. I hope you're doing well! The Community Team knows life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by March 16, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

RACHELPANUSH
Community Member

Hi, Your email notifications don't work well on mobile. There is no link in the email to click on to get back to this thread. I'm not finding this support terribly helpful or easy to use. I answered you in the thread above and your answer isn't a direct reply to my comment. Are you a bot or a human?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Rachel -

I'm a person! I have not seen a reply from this thread since you initially shared the Idea on February 19th. That's probably why the reply on Wednesday appears as its own note.

If you're able to share more about your experience with PDFs, that would be wonderful! I can try to connect you to resources to help resolve the issue or we can open this idea for greater conversation with the Community. Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RACHELPANUSH -

I'm returning to this thread to check-in. I'd like to make sure you're able to get the resources you need. If you'd like to collaborate with Support directly, you can do that too.

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @RACHELPANUSH -

It's been a while since we've heard from you! The Community Team knows life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by Apri 18, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived