Have assignment in To-Do link to Turnitin when enabled

If a teacher turns on the Turnitin Submission in Canvas, the link under To Do (see picture below) in Canvas should automatically be disabled. It is very frustrating when students upload their paper here under To Do because the paper only is uploaded to Speedgrader and not to Turnitin. Students must click on the assignment link under the Course Summary in Canvas to link the assignment to Turnitin.

Recap: The assignment under Course Summary in Canvas does link to Turnitin but the link under To Do does not link to Turnitin. 

• DOES NOT LINK TO TURNITIN
  • To Do

• 22 submissions need grading
      Grade Final Essay 2 - Cause and Effect

100 points • Feb 28 at 3pm

DOES LINK TO TURNITIN

Course Summary:

Date Details

Fri Feb 9, 2018
    Final Essay 1 - Classification

9 Comments
James
Community Champion

Missie.Meeks0860,

I don't use Turnitin, but I'm confused by your description.

Students cannot turn in assignments to SpeedGrader. Students do not get a link to SpeedGrader under the To Do list, either. SpeedGrader is only for teachers and other people who can do grading. That "Grade Final Essay" is a link to SpeedGrader, which students will never see. That seems to be by design and SpeedGrader contains an originality report and similarity index from Turnitin as part of SpeedGrader.

Some places that provide more information about Turnitin's integration with Canvas include:

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

I understand what you are saying. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Missie.Meeks0860,

Would you prefer to edit your idea submission and change the title to "Have assignment in To-Do link to Turnitin when enabled"?  I'm not seeing a previously submitted idea that would cover that ask.

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

Yes, that will be great.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:29 AM, scottd@instructure.com <

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Done!

dhulsey
Community Champion

Missie.Meeks0860‌, like you, I prefer to grade Turnitin assignments in Turnitin instead of Speedgrader, but I know that not everyone does. If your students are having problems finding feedback in Turnitin, you can refer them to this tutorial that I give my students (assuming you are using the LTI version of Turnitin). If you are wanting to access Turnitin for grading from you Canvas dashboard, you should be able to open the speedgrader from your to do list. After that, click on the originality icon for a paper, and it will open up Turnitin's feedback studio, and you can proceed to grade all student papers, and the to do list in Canvas should update to reflect your progress:

269664_pastedImage_1.jpg

Does that help?

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

Thank you!

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM, scottd@instructure.com <

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

Yes, it does. Thank you!

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM, dhulsey@nmjc.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.